Bishops Cannings Church of England Primary School and Pre-School
Message sent from:

Admissions Consultation 2022/2023

Public Consultation of Admissions Arrangements 2022/23

Every year schools and academies are required to review their admissions arrangements to ensure that they continue to be appropriate and that they comply with all the relevant requirements. Please see below documents for your attention, as we are currently consulting on a change to the oversubscription criteria for Admissions to Reception 2022/23.

Children starting in Reception

  • When should my child start school?

    Child's Birthday

    1st September 2014 to 31st August 2015 - Start September 2019

    1st September 2015 to 31st August 2016 - Start September 2020

    1st September 2016 to 31st August 2017 - Start September 2021

    1st September 2017 to 31st August 2018 - Start September 2022

  • How do I apply for a school place?

    All applications for a place at Bishops Cannings must be made through Wiltshire Council.  Admissions forms are available for collection at the school office or you can complete an on-line form.

    Is my child eligible to go to Bishops Cannings?

    All children are eligible to attend Bishops Cannings.  However, to ensure fairness the school writes its admissions arrangements in line with the Department for Education's School Admission Code and so prioritises who can attend our school.  Our admissions policy for children starting in September 2022 can be found above.

Children starting in other year groups

Should you wish to change schools, or you are moving into the area, and you would like Bishops Cannings to be the school to which you send your child, you will need to apply for a place through the local authority.  We would recommend that you arrange a visit to us if wish your child to change school.  Please be aware that we will contact the school you are moving from to assist in the transition process.

You can obtain an admissions guidance from the school office or you can apply on-line by clicking 

Can I appeal if I do not get the place for my child that I requested?

Adults with parental responsibility for applying for a school place can appeal if they do not receive their first choice of school.  In the first instance, the school where you wish your child to go should be contacted in writing by using Parental Appeal Form 1 and Parental Appeal Form 2.  All correspondence should be addressed to the Clerk of Governors using the school address.  The appeals timetable can be downloaded here.  Please note that if you do not stick to the timetable then your appeal cannot be heard.

Hit enter to search